I don't know about you, but I always wonder what exactly goes into Sangria, because from what I do know, is that its not just tossing some fruit into a bowl of wine or my cheap way by mixing red wine with fresca (its quite tasty I must say...). There's a little more to it than that.
This recipe actually remind me of a wonderful recipe my friend Alicia made for my birthday cookout a few years ago, that was absolutely delicious!! So sit back, relax and enjoy this refreshing summer concoction!
adapted from MS
- 6 cups assorted fruits (such as orange, pineapple, apricot), cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups fresh basil or mint leaves
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur, such as Cointreau
- 1 bottle crisp white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
In a large bowl or pitcher, combine fruit, ginger, basil or mint, and orange liqueur. Mash gently with the back of a wooden spoon until basil is bruised and fruit releases juices. Add wine and lemon juice and stir to combine. Refrigerate.