To me, cookies'n'cream is like the vanilla to my ice cream selection. A staple, one of my favorites, and tastes good with any topping. So when I saw this recipe on babble.com, I adapted it a bit to be even more health conscious and it still came out delicious!
I put both the original and adaptation so you can choose what you'd like, since not everyone is trying to lose their booty like me! Miss new boootayyy - FOUND!
It is a super cute idea to put them in jars for special occasions or for a dinner party, but don't fret about that part if you're making them at home. They are a fabulous summer treat and quick for those impromptu cookouts! Enjoy!
xo - Lindsay
Low Fat No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- About 15 Reduced Fat Oreo cookies, roughly chopped
- 8 ounces Low-Fat cream cheese, I used Philly's 1/3 less Fat
- ¾ cup granulated sugar - Splenda has a granulated sugar that you can use about two tsp for this amount
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces Low-Fat Cool Whip
- 1 can of Light Whipped Cream
|Throw cookies in a bag and beat em like hell till their coarsely chopped!|
|In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and set aside. Gently stir in the Cool Whip and 3/4′s of the chopped cookies.|
|Scoop even amounts of the mixture into the eight bowls.|
|Top each one with a little bit of the remaining chopped cookies.|
|Refrigerate them for at least four hours, or until firm. Serve with a dollop of light whipped cream|