Anyone who knows me well, knows I love anything MINI! I'm sure everyone does really...petite...cute...fits in the palm of your hand!
In this case, these classic Boston bite size treats are also perfect for not devouring the whole dessert! Ugh and am I ever on that kick with the summer and a sunny trip coming soon...awful..just awful I tell ya...
Not to mention, they are absolutely splendid for any upcoming bridal/wedding showers or dinner parties, perhaps an Alice and Wonderland theme party? with cute little "Eat Me" tags? OOooo I think we're onto something!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 ounces (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Vanilla Cream
- Chocolate-Ganache Glaze (or dark chocolate melted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour standard muffin tins. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Warm milk and butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Beat eggs and sugar with a mixer on high speed until thick and pale, about 5 minutes. Beat in dry ingredients.
- Bring milk and butter to a boil. With mixer on low speed, add milk mixture to batter, and beat until smooth. Add vanilla. Divide batter among muffin cups, filling each halfway. Bake cupcakes until light gold, about 15 minutes. Let cool in tins for 10 minutes, then transfer to wire racks. Let cool.
- Using a serrated knife, cut each in half horizontally. Spread 1 tablespoon vanilla cream on each cupcake bottom. Sandwich with top. Spoon chocolate glaze over each, and serve immediately.
Read more at Marthastewart.com: Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes - Martha Stewart Recipes